Inner Personal Advice: Relationships, just thoughts...

Followers

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Relationships, just thoughts...

There are so many days I wish I was in a relationship, I miss being held close, I miss having someone I can share those intimate thoughts with. Walking hand in hand, laying in the spoon position, long hours of gentle yet assuring silence. A simple kiss on my cheek or forehead, just because. A loving glance across the room. I haven't really experienced that too many times in my life time...I'm sad to admit.

I really haven't had many relationships to reassure myself that I make a good partner! I know I am a good friend, a good moral support, a motivator, and I try to inspire others to follow their hearts desire into the parts of themselves that they are too afraid to be, for fear of rejection or critics.

Am I a good partner in a relationship? I haven't had a real relationship for 5+ years. Am I broken? I wonder if I could even stand being with someone ever again, if I would care about myself enough to be happy with someone other than myself. There are so many questions I ask myself when it comes to thoughts of "finding someone"...Am I lovable? I believe I am, I love me...Obviously. But will someone else love me...For me?

I'm a single mom, it's hard work, my son in now 14, taller than me and boys are hard to raise.

It's been a long time, I am torn between, "do I want to be with someone?" or "do I want to end up alone when my son grows old enough to move out on his own?"!

Is that sad? It makes me feel sad, just thinking and writing about it. :-(

Am I breaking my own heart? I have only "been with" two men. I'm 36...
I have always told myself "No settling" for no love and just a partner, so here is what it has me at...
When it comes to that part of my life * love, romance* and actually having any..I am saddened by thoughts of "maybe I am not good enough to be in a relationship", but I miss being loved in such a way. Is that loneliness? Maybe, but I don't know.

I am craving to find someone I have chemistry with...That has only happened once...To be honest. Everything else in live seems easy comparing it to romance.
I don't know what else to write.

Have a good week.
Ann

2 comments:

  1. You remind me a lot of my daughter who is near your age. She is also a single mom, two kids and she sometimes asks those same questions. I like that you do not want to settle for just having someone for the sake of having someone ! You know, I believe there is someone out there for everyone and you are still young. The right person will come along and I think you will know when he does . Hang in there sweety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Lia Storm, I really appreciate and ejoy it when I get comments! Your encouraging words mean a lot, I really do hope there is someone out there for me, and I hope I don't have to wait so long.

      Delete

Please complete the word verification step when commenting, this helps reduce comment spam. Thanks